Complete Guide: How to open a Payoneer account (ATM Card, Transfer, Receive and withdraw money)
For those that do online business (freelancers, internet marketers, digital marketers), you will agree with me that on of the difficulties face is receiving payment from foreigner (those in the UK, U.S etc).
This issue is common with African. and as such digital business owners source for means to withdraw, receive or transfer payments from foreign clients.
Paypal has lots of restrictions for many countries, especially, African countries.
Many innovations have been put in place to provide solution that will bridge this issue, making many online payment platforms to spring up with international recognition.
Payoneer is one of those platform you can use to receive money from foreign clients.
In this post we will be showing you how to use Payoneer to Transfer, Receive and withdraw money to your local account. This same steps apply to every country, not just Nigeria.
This post covers:
>> 8 Reasons & Benefits of Opening Payoneer Account In Nigeria
>> 3 Primary Requirements for Opening Payoneer Account
>> How to open a Payoneer Account In Nigeria and any other country
>> How to receive money with Payoneer
>> How to send money or make payment with Payonner
>> How to withdraw money from your Payoneer account in Nigeria or any where in other country
>> How to require for Payoneer card
>> How can you use your Payoneer card?
8 Reasons & Benefits of Opening Payoneer Account In Nigeria
1. You can open Payoneer account in Nigeria or any other country Free of charge.
2. You can apply for a debit card which you can use for online payments and for funds withdrawal at ATMs.
3. You don’t need to change your IP address or use VPN to access Payoneer website in Nigeria or any country
4. You can create virtual bank accounts to receive payments from american and European companies
5. You don’t need to use fake information to get a Payoneer account.
6. Payoneer is safe and trusted in over 150 countries.
7. Once you receive $1000 in payments into your Payoneer account, you will receive a $25 reward from Payoneer.
8. You can use Payoneer account to receive payments from freelancing marketplaces like fiverr, Upwork and other websites that accept Payoneer as payment method.
3 Primary Requirements for Opening Payoneer Account
1. Valid email address.
2. Valid postal, office or home address for delivery of your Payoneer Mastercard.
3. Valid photo ID eg Nigeria drivers licence, international passport, National ID
How to open a Payoneer Account In Nigeria and any other country
Register for Payoneer account here and click on Sign Up.
Select the kind of account you want to operate
Fill in your name, email, DOB (Date of Birth), set password
Fill out contact details form
Fill out security details form
Once you are done filling the application form, wait for email notification from Payoneer about the status of your application.
If approved, go ahead to fund your Payoneer account so you can be eligible to request for the Payoneer Mastercard. You need to have at least $30 in your Payoneer account before you can apply for Payoneer MasterCard in Nigeria or any other country.
Sign up for a FREE Payoneer account here and start collecting global payments!
How to receive money with Payoneer
There are 4 ways to receive money through Payoneer, they include:
1. Request Payment from your clients
This method is very easy.
Just login to your account and create a payment request. Your client will receive the email with a link to make payment. Once the client makes the payment, you receive the money straight into your Payoneer account.
You can request payment by logging into your Payoneer account, then click on receive on the top menu and then click on Request Payment.
2. Use mass payout
This method works for sites that uses Payoneer to pay users. Such sites are E-commerce sites like Amazon. Affiliate network site like JVZoo, Freelancer sites like Upwork, Fiverr and others. You just have to register your Payoneer account with them and they will automatically send payment to your Payoneer account.
3. User your Payoneer email
This method works with email. You can receive money from other Payoneer users. All you have to do is give them the email address associated with your Payoneer account. They will be able to send you fund from inside their Payoneer account.
4. Use your unique Payoneer account number
Payoneer Global Payment Service allows you to open and operate a bank account in many currencies. Just send your bank account details to the company or individual that is paying you. That is all you need to do. Once they pay into the bank account, the money will reflect in your payoneer account.
You can view your account number by logging into your account. Click on Receive on the top menu. Then click on Global Payment Service. There you can view your bank account details.
Be sure to go through their new terms and conditions as there may be modification to this.
How to send money or make payment with Payoneer
The 5 steps below will help you to send money or make payment with Payoneer
1. Login to your Payoneer account
2. Click on pay from the top menu
3. Select make a payment from the two options: make a payment or Pay your VAT. The right thing to select is make a payment unless you know what you are doing
4. Choose how you want to send money by either paying into the recipient’s Payoneer account or to the recipient’s bank account.
5. Follow instructions and complete your payment
How to withdraw money from your Payoneer account in Nigeria or any where in other country
There are two options and you can only have one! You can either have Payoneer card which will be sent to you or use your Nigerian bank account to withdraw. If you choose to go with card, you can only use the Payoneer card to withdraw money at ATMs but you will not be able to withdraw money to your bank account.
If you choose to withdraw with your bank account, you will be unable to have a card. Once you have decided to get the card, that is final, you will be unable to withdraw again to your local bank account.
Follow these 5 steps to withdraw money from your Payoneer account in Nigeria:
1. Login to your account
2. Click on withdraw at the top menu of your account
3. Select account to withdraw from. Different bank account you have with Payoneer will be listed. Select the one that you want to withdraw from.
4. Add the details of your local bank account that you want to withdraw to if you have not added it when opening the account.
5. Follow the instructions and complete the process. Usually it takes between 1 to 5 working days to receiving money because it is an international bank transfer.
How to require for Payoneer card
Follow these steps to order for Payoneer card.
1. Login to your Payoneer account
2. Click on settings on the top menu.
3. Click on Payoneer cards
4. Click on order now, follow the on screen instructions to compete your request.
How can you use your Payoneer card?
You can use your Payoneer card to withdraw money at ATMs world wide. You can use the card to shop online on any website that accepts card payment. The card will either be a MasterCard or a Visa card.